This policy is updated from time to time. This latest version was published on 11 May 2018.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely and relevant information to them.
The data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to visitor enquiries
- Other information relevant to special offers and surveys.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking for from this website, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the produces and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research purposes.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might look at one piece of content and the rest may look at different content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise you when you return to the website. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you have chosen to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will have the opportunity to ask to receive free information, special offers and marketing communications from us. At this point in time they will always be by email.
If you have provided us with information but no longer want to receive our mailings, you can change your mind by:
- Clicking the unsubscribe option in one of the marketing communications
- Send an email to email@example.com
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to do so.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.switchwordspower.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: 18 Beck Road, London E8 4RE
This document has been produced by IT Donut (www.itdonut.co.uk), a website offering technology advice for small businesses.